- Ford Performance Racing’s Mark Winterbottom will make his 150th V8 Supercar Championship round start at this year’s Wilson Security Sandown 500.
- Craig Lowndes could make history at this year’s Wilson Security Sandown 500 and equal the late, great Peter Brock’s record of nine wins in the annual pre-Bathurst endurance race.
- Brad Jones Racing will celebrate its 200th V8 Supercar Championship round at the Wilson Security Sandown 500.
- Volvo returns to the Wilson Security Sandown 500 this year for the first time in 20 years with its pair of S60s run by Garry Rogers’ team.
- The Holden Racing Team’s Garth Tander will make his 220th ATCC/V8 Supercar Championship round start at Sandown, tying former HRT teammate Mark Skaife for fourth on the all-time championship starts list.
- Heavy Haulage Australia Racing’s Nick Percat will celebrate his 26th birthday on race day at the Wilson Security Sandown 500.
- Brothers Will and Alex Davison will pair up in the #9 Erebus Motorsport V8 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG at Sandown and, in doing so, share a car for the first time in their careers.
- Seven combinations have survived from last year’s Pirtek Enduro Cup for the three-round, four-race endurance component of the 2014 V8 Supercar Championship.
- Nissan GT racing star Alex Buncombe is the only V8 Supercar Championship debutante in the field of 50 pilots at Sandown.
What's Your Reaction?
4. Not Sure0
Our in-house team posting the latest inside the world of fashion, music, sport and lifestyle. We are working tirelessly to provide relevant and quality content and experiences for you our readers.