“When is a Mohawk, not a Mohawk? asked Eugene Souleiman, backstage at Issey Miyake in Paris for their S/S2014 show. The answer was clearly, “When it sits between two beautifully crafted French Pleats, to form a hair look that is both sophisticated yet at the same time, deeply cool”. “I wanted to create a look that was strong and tough but at the same time elegant and chic – something that utilised old hairdressing techniques but applied in a more contemporary way” added Eugene. The resulting hair look, mirrored the play on light within the Issey Miyake collection, contrasting graphic lines with an ethereal lightness that came to life on the catwalk, offering what appeared to be a completely different hairstyle according to your vantage point.
- Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair, using Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner to ensure hair is in perfect condition
- Spray with Wella Professionals Perfect Setting Blow Dry Lotion and dry hair back away from the face, creating a clean silhouette
- Section off the hair on both sides of the head, leaving a panel of hair through the middle section. Taking one side at a time, gently backcomb the hair section by section, back-
- With a soft brush, brush this side section of hair, spraying with more Wella Professionals
- Twist the hair into a French pleat and pin in place with hair grips
- Repeat this process on the opposite side of the head
- To style the middle section, spray Wella Professionals Stay Styled Hairspray into the
- Gently brush the middle section of hair backwards, positioning the ‘mohawk’ between the two French Pleats and finish with a light mist of Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach
- Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner – RRP $24/$24
- Wella Professionals Perfect Setting Blow Dry Lotion– RRP $24
- Wella Professionals Stay Styled Hairspray – RRP $24
- Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Spray – RRP $24
What's Your Reaction?
Our in-house team posting the latest inside the world of fashion, music, sport and lifestyle. We are working tirelessly to provide relevant and quality content and experiences for you our readers.