For the hair at the Haider Ackermann S/S 14 show in Paris, Eugene Souleiman, Global Creative Director, Wella Professionals, translated the creative concept for the collection into a beautiful, technical hair look that was heavy on detail with elements of intrigue and surprise – much like the collection itself. “The spectacular catwalk show featured models looking lost and out of place on a long, dark, shiny road, so I took this theme of feeling out of place, of feeling a little lost as a person, and created a hair look that echoed this idea of being not quite appropriate for the situation you find yourself in” commented Eugene. The resulting hair look was a triumph of sharp clean lines of a French Pleat and a ‘40s style roll which gave a sense of elegant masculinity, fused with softer feminine elements such as the veil of hair that floated across the face.
- Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair, using Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo
- Blow dry the hair, using Wella Professionals Perfect Setting Blow Dry Lotion to create a smooth finish, then straighten the hair with straighteners to form the perfect base
- Section the hair in to three main sections, front and centre top, and two sides.
- Spray the front section of hair with Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Spray
- Working on the front/top section first, gently backcomb the hair at the roots bringing it forward away from the face
- Take a padded roll (sausage), and fix it on the top of the head with hair pins, folding it in to a U shape and placing it slightly forward on the head
- Working with the back combed sections at the side of the head, using a soft bristle brush gently brush the hair upwards, spraying with Wella Professionals Stay Styled Hairspray along the
- Gradually tease the hair over the ‘sausage’, spraying with Wella Professionals Stay Styled
- Take the section of hair immediately behind the rolled section and brush, pulling and fixing in to a tail then folding forwards and over the roll to create a ‘veil’ of hair that gently sits on top of the
- Part the back section down the centre and section off
- Next, create a French Pleat on one side of the head by back combing to create structure, then
- Twist the hair into a French Pleat and secure in place with hairpins. Ensure that the finish of the pleat is perfect by spraying hairspray on to a soft cosmetics brush and gently brushing the hair
- Finally, brush the remaining back section of hair with a soft brush and secure in a low side
- Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner – RRP $24/$24
- Wella Professionals Perfect Setting Blow Dry Lotion– RRP $24
- Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Spray – RRP $24
- Wella Professionals Stay Styled Hairspray – RRP $24
What's Your Reaction?
Our in-house team posting the latest inside the world of fashion, music, sport and lifestyle. We are working tirelessly to provide relevant and quality content and experiences for you our readers.