Supercars confirms possible return to Queensland Raceway

0 Shares
0
0
0

Supercars has today confirmed that it intends to return to Queensland Raceway in August, forced to keep the championship in the state after the continuing COVID situation in New South Wales.

Supercars have started promoting the event; in a win for Queensland fans, it is set to hold three super sprint races over two days, slated for August 21 and 22.

This follows last weeks announcement that the Sydney Supernight will be postponed to a later date in the calendar year due to the current restrictions and situation in NSW.

CEO Sean seamer thanked Queensland Raceway for welcoming back the supercars field, “Sincere thanks to John Tetley and the team at QR for accommodating us and helping to keep the Championship progressing throughout 2021,” he said.

Queensland Raceway owner John Tetley said he was thrilled to offer the Ipswich racetrack to the Series amid the current COVID-19 pandemic resulting in changes to the calendar.

“During the COVID caused turmoil of 2020, Supercars had hoped to race here but external factors prevented the two of us delivering a race weekend last year.

“This year things have reversed and the flexibility of our two organisations offer the perfect opportunity to bring things together for the fans in South East Queensland,” he said.

Supercars will provide further information in coming days.



You May Also Like