Sydney’s Sea Life Aquarium is an underwater adventure worth visiting. If you have kids or fancy something different for the day, there is much to see and do at the Aquarium. You will surely make memories from swimming with the sharks and hanging out with Penguins. It is located in Darling Harbour and is surrounded by many attractions and restaurants. This will be a trip to remember! There are many different parking options available near the Aquarium, starting from $12 a day, but be sure to pre-book online and check the Sea Life Sydney website for discounts to secure the best prices.
We have put together this guide to help you find the best parking for Sydney Aquarium.
Parking At The Aquarium
There are many car parks on offer within walking distance of the Aquarium. Booking parking using the Sea Life Aquarium website can secure parking all day from $12! The car parks listed are:
- 100 Murray Street – Open 24/7 with prices of $14 a day when you pre-book using discount code
- CitiPark Car Park – $21 weekdays when pre-booked or validated, $12 weekends when validated at Sea Life Aquarium and $13 when pre-booked online
- Darling Park Car Park – $21 weekdays when pre-booked or validated, $12 weekends when validated at Sea Life Aquarium and $14 when pre-booked online
- Darling Quarter Car Park – $21 weekdays when prebooked or validated, $14 weekends when validated at Sea Life Aquarium and $12 when pre-booked online
- 383 Kent Street Car Park – $21 weekdays when pre-booked or validated, $12 weekends when validated at Sea Life Aquarium and $15 when pre-booked online
- 321 Kent Street Car Park – $21 weekdays when pre-booked or validated, $12 weekends when validated at Sea Life Aquarium and $19 when pre-booked online
- Darling Square Car Park – $21 weekdays when pre-booked or validated, $14 weekends when validated at Sea Life Aquarium and $16 when pre-booked online
The key to success and booking parking cheaply is to plan in advance and either pre-book online using the discount code or ensure you have your parking ticket validated. If you forget or do not do this, total charges will apply.
International Convention Centre (ICC) Car Park
Located right next to Central Station, this car park is a short walk from Sydney Aquarium. It has paid parking for patrons at the International Convention Centre (ICC) car park, with direct access from level 3 of ICC via an elevator.
This facility is located 10 minutes walk from Sydney Aquarium and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The parking at this location starts from $18 per hour and has approximately 800 spaces.
Rent A Parking Space Online
If you plan to stay in the area for a more extended trip, it is worth considering reserving a space for longer. You can save money if you stay in the area longer by renting a parking space for a month. To rent a car parking space, you need to enter the location you want to be near and search for a space that suits your needs and budget. These spaces offer CCTV and security gate entrances and are flexible to book and cancel. It is a great way to save if you plan more than a few days in the city.
Public Transport To Sydney Aquarium
There are many different public transport options if driving and parking seem too much. You can visit the NSW website for more information.
- Train – The Sea Life Aquarium is a 13-minute walk from Town Hall Station or a 9-minute walk from Wynyard Station.
- Ferry – Ferry services to Darling Harbour leave from Circular Wharf 5 at 30 min intervals.
- Bus – Many bus services stop at Market Street or King street, and from there, it is around a 5- 10 minute walk depending on where you get off
- Light Rail – Jump on the light rail and get off at either Pyrmont Bay station or Convention Centre
- Taxi/Uber – There are plenty of taxis in Sydney, the best place to get out would be around King Street Wharf, where you would be a 4-minute walk from the Aquarium
Get Discounts On The Sydney Aquarium Website
To save on your parking, you can visit the Sea Life Sydney website and head to the “Plan Your Day” section; directions and the latest parking options with the discount code are noted. Always check the website before setting off.
Other Things To Do At Darling Harbour
Darling Harbour is one of the most picturesque areas in Sydney. It’s home to the famous Darling Harbour Theatre, which has been hosting musicals and theatre productions since 1908. You can also visit the famous Sydney Fish Markets or take a ferry around the harbour. Some other places you can visit whilst down at the harbour are:
Wildlife at the Taronga Zoo – The Taronga Zoo is home to over 1,500 animals and features many habitats, including native Australian bushlands, tropical rainforests and wetlands.
The zoo is located on a peninsula overlooking Sydney Harbour, making it an excellent place for the whole family to visit. There are many great exhibits, but one of the most popular is the Koala Conservation Centre, where koalas are fed in their ‘home’ environment.
The Birds and Flowers of the Chinese Gardens – The Chinese Gardens are a great place to relax and unwind. The gardens are full of flowers, plants, and trees. There is a beautiful lake with a bridge that crosses over it. On each side of the bridge are sculptures made out of stone, making it look even more amazing! There are many places to sit down and enjoy the peace and quiet.
If you are visiting the Sea Life Aquarium, we hope this guide has helped secure some cheap parking. However, if you are parked for the whole day, you should make the most of it and take in the sights of Darling Harbour. It is a great place to go for a walk, sit back, relax, and enjoy its beauty! There are plenty of different things to see and do, so there’s sure to be something that appeals to everyone in your group.