The JW Marriott Gold Coast will soon host a four-day Culinary Stars Showcase ‘ at their signature restaurant Citrique, with some of the region’s best chef’s serving up a dining experience like no other.
Taking place from the 7th to the 10th of November, featuring degustation dining, traditional high tea and culinary cooking classes. Award-winning Executive Chef Paul Smart has invited six local chefs from across South East Queensland to collaborate in a unique culinary exploration that celebrates the best of Queensland’s local produce.
“Over the last few years, it’s been incredible to watch the development and diversity of locally grown produce here in South East Queensland. This series is about bringing together the talent of local chefs, with each of their identities shine through on the plate. Our aim is to take guests on a journey through where each chef has been and what they’ve seen, looking at our rich Queensland produce to develop the menu” said Paul Smart.
“I have either worked or crossed paths in the industry over the past 20 years with this talented group of chefs and it’s exciting to come together with a common purpose – wanting diners to walk away eager to explore the variety and beauty food available here on the coast.”
Six culinary stars will be joining Paul on this journey and helping devise menus and source ingredients from the Gold Coast region’s best farms for your showcase experience.
- Dayan Hartill-Law | Executive Chef, HOTA Gallery (Gold Coast)
- Richard Le Deunff | Chef Pâtissier, Aux Fines Bouches (Burleigh Heads)
- Meyjitte Boughenout | Executive Chef, Glass Restaurant
- Gavin Hughes | Senior Culinary Expert, Miele (Ex-Head Chef, The Byron at Byron Resort and Spa)
- Angela Brown | Sous Chef, JW Marriott Gold Coast Resort & Spa
- Emir Kusbeci | Junior Sous Chef, JW Marriott Gold Coast Resort & Spa