Party season is amping up again, and as people choose entertainment, some may be worried about whether or not their party ideas will work. One of the top entertainment choices for over a hundred years was hiring a psychic who can entertain and see the future, but this form of entertainment has fallen out of style in the last twenty years.
If you want a psychic at your party: there’s no reason you shouldn’t have one! These are the top things to know when planning to hire a psychic and why they could be the best choice for you.
There’s a Long History of Psychics at Parties
Psychics have been party entertainers since the 1800s when a rise of spiritualism mixed with sensationalist performers and grief after the civil war had people desperate to see beyond their current life. These performers could amaze and interact with the dead long after their passing. Unsurprisingly the reaction to this was many people like Harry Houdini, who was hellbent on proving that psychics were fake. The play between these two groups ensured that any psychic for hire could find an event to perform at, even if that event were an attempt to prove them wrong.
Good Things About Hiring a Psychic
There are plenty of reasons to consider hiring a psychic when you’re ready to host your party. One of the main reasons they’re great is they add a touch of fantasy and fun to your party.
The pros for hiring a psychic are:
- They can add drama and fun.
- People love to play with the idea of the supernatural.
- There’s a long history of them at parties.
- They keep people busy between food and dancing.
- They can be inexpensive compared to other forms of entertainment.
- You can find almost any kind of psychic you want to see.
These are seasoned professionals who know what they’re doing. Make sure you hire someone who feels like the perfect fit for your party.
Reasons You Might Not Want To
Unfortunately, not every party is psychic-friendly. Although it’s natural to want to hire an amazingly entertaining performer, it’s not always the right time to hire a psychic.
Some cons for hiring a psychic are:
- If you just hire one, people will be in line for far too long.
- You have to budget and may have to tell your guests to bring tips.
- People who don’t believe in them may be annoyed.
- Someone grieving a death may be offended.
- They’re often viewed as low-brow performers, and some may judge your party by this.
Although they might not be the best fit for this party you’re throwing, they could be an awesome choice for a later one, don’t be afraid to come back to them!
In The End: If It’s Your Party, Have Fun With It!
Even if you’re unsure if anyone else will love it: if this is exactly how you want your party to go, then hire a psychic! They’re fantastic entertainers with a long history of working the party circuit and should be at your next event.