Tea is one of the most popular beverages in Australia—mainly because it is a healthy, comforting drink that is rich in antioxidants. A myriad of green tea is available in different flavors, ranging from traditional classics to trendy blends.
Green tea bags have gained much popularity in the last couple of years. These specially crafted tea bags feature finely chopped, diced, and sliced tea leaves, ensuring a consistent and flavorful brew with every cup.
Following are some green tea recipes to test out and enjoy.
- Iced green tea.
Iced green tea with lemon and fresh mint is the perfect refresher that removes all your stress! This beverage keeps you revitalized even on sunny days! It would be best if you had the following to make this beverage-
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 3 lime slices for garnish
- 5 cups of water
- Jasmine green tea bags
- Sweetener of your choice
- Mint leaves.
- Transfer lemon juice to a jug/pitcher
- Boil two cups of water and add the tea bags to the water
- Steep the mixture for three minutes
- Use a spoon to press the green tea bags and then discard them
- Add honey (or your choice of sweetener) to the tea
- Stir well until the flavor adds up, and serve it with a lemon slice.
- Hot spiced green tea.
The combination of zesty lemon, honey and ginger makes this warming tea ideal for cold days. Its aroma will completely mesmerize you. You will need the following for this-
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 green tea bags
- Minced ginger
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon.
- 4 cardamom pods
- 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl
- Add boiling water to the bowl
- Cover the bowl and steep for around 5-6 minutes
- Discard the green tea bags and spices
- Stir honey into tea
- Serve immediately
- Matcha green tea latte.
- 1 tablespoon of green tea powder
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of warm water
- 250ml cold milk
- Put the matcha green tea powder and the sugar into a cup
- Add warm water milk and whisk it until it becomes smooth. Form it into a dark paste which has no lumps at all
- Pour the cold milk into a mug
- Whisk the paste and the milk together
- Add sprinkles of matcha powder on the top for garnishing
- Add ice, and enjoy!
- Moroccan mint tea.
In Morocco, mint tea is served to the guests as a welcome drink. Follow the below steps for making Moroccan mint tea-
- 4 tablespoons of green tea.
- 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- 4 cups of hot water.
- A handful of mint leaves.
- Boil the water and set it aside for one minute
- Combine all the ingredients mentioned above. Let them steep for around 2-3 minutes
- Serve the mint tea in a glass
- Garnish it with mint tea leaves
You can try out these recipes and convert your day into a refreshing one! Green tea is excellent for your health. It is a beverage which consists of an array of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, which makes it the perfect choice.