Burleigh Heads’ Oceanview Track has opened after it was closed earlier this week while Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service (QPWS) investigated a rock fall that occurred during a rain event earlier this month.
The closure followed damage to fencing along the Oceanview Track, with smashed rock fragments found below.
In a statement shared on social media, Hermann Vorster MP said: “Burleigh Oceanview track will remain closed until further notice while QPWS investigates a rock fall that occurred during the rain event over the weekend.
“Fencing on the Oceanview track has been damaged and smashed rock fragments were found below.”
The Oceanview Track skirts the coastline, leading around the rocky headland from the southern edge of Burleigh Heads to the southern park entrance near Tallebudgera Creek.
QPWS blocked off the track last Friday after Burleigh recorded more than 126mm of rain in 24 hours.
“Oceanview Track will remain closed until the area is made safe for visitors,” the statement said.
“QPWS is asking people to observe the closure due to the safety risks.”
